Anyone installed the Corbin fairing?

PistolPeteSTL

After a four hour trip to visit my daughter where wind gusts were 30 mph and traffic moves at 80 mph I am considering adding some wind protection to my R18. I've got the basic model and my height leaves me with a lot of wind blast to my head, more than I remember on other bikes I've had. I've tried different helmets, which has helped, but still looking at a decent windshield or fairing. I did a search but didn't find anyone who had mentioned installing one.

I test rode a R18 Classic and the stock windshield was awful- it was like putting my helmet in a paint shaker at highway speeds. A shorter or taller windshield would be better, I think. When looking at the cost of adding the stock windshield hardware and a decent windshield I realized I was getting into the ballpark for the Corbin fairing. Anyone install this? I'm curious what the riding experience is like. I haven't seen any other fairings available, or I would certainly consider those as well.

If you've added a windshield or fairing, I'm very interested to hear what you think of it so far.

After a four hour trip to visit my daughter where wind gusts were 30 mph and traffic moves at 80 mph I am considering adding some wind protection to my R18. I've got the basic model and my height leaves me with a lot of wind blast to my head, more than I remember on other bikes I've had. I've tried different helmets, which has helped, but still looking at a decent windshield or fairing. I did a search but didn't find anyone who had mentioned installing one.

I test rode a R18 Classic and the stock windshield was awful- it was like putting my helmet in a paint shaker at highway speeds. A shorter or taller windshield would be better, I think. When looking at the cost of adding the stock windshield hardware and a decent windshield I realized I was getting into the ballpark for the Corbin fairing. Anyone install this? I'm curious what the riding experience is like. I haven't seen any other fairings available, or I would certainly consider those as well.

If you've added a windshield or fairing, I'm very interested to hear what you think of it so far.
Yeah,

I have the Corbin fairing. I ordered with the taller windshield and sound system. Right away I found the windshield was too short so I put one on that is about 3" taller. Still thinking about adding a couple deflecters to stop some of the wind from blowing up from below. I do like it though.

Attachments

• r18a.jpg
    r18a.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 101
I have the Corbin fairing. I ordered with the taller windshield and sound system. Right away I found the windshield was too short so I put one on that is about 3" taller. Still thinking about adding a couple deflecters to stop some of the wind from blowing up from below. I do like it though.
I like the look for certain. Reminds me of a wixom (miss spelled) from back in the /5 days. Did you get the faring speaker kit also and what might I ask are those killer looking side bags on your bike?
Sweet looking ride.

Trade in your R18 & Upgrade to the R18 B or TC... Take advantage of BMW discount

Screenshot_20230117-085528-245.png

Last edited:

Now, for the serious discussion lol. So, how tall are you? I've got a '22 base model and am in sort of the same issue being 6'3''. The wind gusts will hit you in the sides often enough so a fairing may not be a good cure-all. At least that has been my experience down here in flat as hell Florida. Unit garage and wunderlich seem to have good options but you won't get anything done with those by themselves I think.

Now, for the serious discussion lol. So, how tall are you? I've got a '22 base model and am in sort of the same issue being 6'3''. The wind gusts will hit you in the sides often enough so a fairing may not be a good cure-all. At least that has been my experience down here in flat as hell Florida. Unit garage and wunderlich seem to have good options but you won't get anything done with those by themselves I think.
I'm 5'10, so the wind is probably hitting me different than you. Thanks for the input!

I'm 5'10, so the wind is probably hitting me different than you. Thanks for the input!
I'm 5' 9" and enjoy the wind protection of my R18 B; keep in mind, I installed the TC fairing winglets and the lower leg wind protection which comes stock on the R18 Transcontinental. My fairing windshield is also the lower height stock model B windshield.

Trade In and Upgrade... 60 months @ 0% + $3k +.4 months worth of payments

If its economically viable for him and worth the extra weight then yeah, try and get a B model!

That 0% is dependent on his credit, too so have to make sure on that.

Back