After market fuel tank for R-18

McGyver

I'm imaging a retro late 60s/early 70s custom build for my R-18. Already checking with a couple businesses on extended front ends. A builder says the current crop of girders and springers will not support the weight of the beast so...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a reason I cannot put an after market tank, coffin, prism, etc, etc on the R-18? Like, is the fuel pump integral to the stock tack? other concerns? BTW, seen the price for a replacement stock tank? High $2000 - $3000+

I'm imaging a retro late 60s/early 70s custom build for my R-18. Already checking with a couple businesses on extended front ends. A builder says the current crop of girders and springers will not support the weight of the beast so...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a reason I cannot put an after market tank, coffin, prism, etc, etc on the R-18? Like, is the fuel pump integral to the stock tack? other concerns? BTW, seen the price for a replacement stock tank? High $2000 - $3000+
It’s funny how much BMW charges for their parts and they justify it somehow. However our FE bikes are depreciating like a runaway train. Lol 😂

Back