Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.
Mine used to make a similar click sound but not nearly as loud as that. The bike rode perfectly so I decided to ignore it until the next service was due. My assumption was something to do with the slipper clutch perhaps. Think that’s loud enough to bring forward a visit to the dealer, just to be...
Yea there’s definitely a bit of that involved, last year we went to the funeral of our previous next door neighbour. Paul was the same age as me. These life events do shape us.
It’s not been an easy transition anchovyD, like you I also get attached to these things but I don’t have the means to keep an R18 aswell (not without overstretching myself). Bike values have really tumbled over here (lots of bikes not only ours) so I didn’t get what I believe they are worth as...
Hi Mac. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed having them, I think they are marvelous machines and it’s taken me a good week to reach a this decision. There’s lots of small reasons really, I dont know whether this will chime with anyone else but after many years (36 road riding in my case on many different...
After +4 years of very happy R18 ownership I’ve taken the big decision to move on and get another bike. Just for a change and something a bit more of an all rounder (ish).This forum has been both a very valuable source of information and a pleasure to be on and contribute from time to time. It’s...
I presume you mean the key won’t turn rather than the lock mechanism is broken? WD40 or a light oil like 3 in 1 dripped into the key slot would be my suggestion. Can’t imagine why it would physically break inside on its own, makes no sense. Hope you sort it.
+1. In a backwards sense this thread has been a good learning tool (no pun intended). Gonna get one of those gizmos. Used once a blue moon but when it’s available will be a godsend.
Now there’s a blast from the past, a 1100 Zephyr. What a handsome bike that was. Back in 1991 I did my motorcycle test and after I passed wanted my first ‘big’ bike after my 125. I had been going back & forth to a dealer for months (in my lunch hour) looking at all the shiny showroom bikes...
Gorgeous day here in Ole England. Went for a ride about, called in at a Honda dealer in the city centre, for a leg stretch and nosey about. Not been into a dealer for a good while. Lots of nice bikes in there, Fireblades, Africa Twins, Goldwings etc. My red R18 was outside and as I walked back...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.