Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.
I have the R18B too. The wind coming up under the front fairing, over the tank, is really bad. For the colder months, I had to buy a fully closed helmet which doesn't fit to the style of the bike. Was thinking of buying the winglets, heating them up and bending them so they don't contact the...
Thanks buddy. In the meantime, BMW are going to pick the bike up next week and because the bike has so few kilometres on the clock, send a "good will" application to BMW Berlin to get it repaired for free. Hope it works out. Thanks for replying 🙏
My three year old R18B has developed a fuel leak from the underside of the tank. I smelt fuel a couple of weeks ago and just put it down to the bike standing for several weeks. Yesterday I saw the traces of fuel on the right side of the engine casing, put my fingers underneath the right hand...
Hi, has anyone ever taken the R18 Transcontinental auxiliary lights, modded the mounting brackets and fitted them to the front crash bars of an R18B? I don't like the lights being mounted under the front fairing and think they would look very much cooler fitted lower down on the crash bars...
Thanks for you quick response Buddy. My issue is as follows. I live in Germany and bought my Bagger here (am English by the way). The front forks have a casting which accommodates the indicator lights. This presents two issues. Those Transcontiental lights which have the indicator lights...
Just seen this thread. I have the late 20021 R18 Bagger First Edition. Have already done a few mods myself. Front/rear crash bars, Transcontinental Screen, great luggage rack and back rest. I have been looking for lights to fit on the front crash bars but have only found cheep stuff or LED...
I fitted mine with one from Wunderlich in Germany. I also ordered and fitted the luggage rack and rear pannier crash bars at the same time. All very easy.
I kept my old iPhone 11 which I used exclusively in my R18B with the second Sim card. The idea of using the HD trip planner is worth a try. Planning stuff with the BMW App is a bit long winded. I rode that K1600 in it's Bagger form a couple of months ago whilst my R18 was in for a service. I...
I would confer Scott, well everything apart from the navigation system. It really needs to be improved to be on par with Garmin or the systems found in cars these days.
Wind screen from Transcontinental, front crash-bars from BMW. Rear crash-bars, back-rest and luggage rack all from Wunderlich. Now need a light solution for the front crash bars.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.