Welcome to the BMW R18 Forums. Member registration disables ads and allows you to post and share. Register Here.
A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.
I ride with my wife on the back of my TC a fair bit as it is our main form of transport, I also
ride to work on it every day. Yes two up riding feels a little different, & it takes a couple of
stops at junctions to get the feel for the different balance & braking effect. Using rock mode
helps...
I have a 21 TC, last year on the way home it started running rough, showing an intermittent
suspension strut fault, lost the display and all but the speedometer. Made it home and
checked for faults like loose leads etc. The main fuse was hot to touch, and the terminals
were corroded and one...
Check the condition of the main fuse, 50amp fuse open to the elements,
on the right hand side of the bike behind the side panel. A bit of battery
terminal grease keeps the water off.
I had the sidecar fitted by Charnwood classics, & they used an upper mount that used
both of the front tubes. I attached the oil cooler to that fitting, although it meant removing
the fairing section in front of the engine. I liked the way you could do a service without
removing the fairing...
Nice to see getting your dog used to the sidecar is going smoothly, it was far easier with
the children, until they got to the age when they started to worry about what their thought
about us not owning a car. That changed when 3 of their friends got into our Watsonian
Oxford side as they got...
As you can switch them on & off as needed I don't see an issue
with getting through the MOT. Tell the guy doing your MOT they
are for use at shows. Lets be honest they pass bikes with overly
bright after market lights that dazzle other road users.
The trick with tyre pressures is to find the set up that gives the best balance between
head shake & handling, that's where the experimentation comes in. Not forgetting
that a change in load can alter the handling as well.
Hi Petrus, I have never had to worry about the settings of any of my sidecars, as I
have bought them used, ready to ride. The exception is my current outfit which I
had fitted by Watsonian Sidecars. I have never bothered with ballast in any of my
sidecars, & have ridden them solo, with my...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.