Tank Off

R18 100

Many of you former R1200C riders remember the grimace of taking off the tank to access the battery and air filter. Has anyone had their R18 tank off yet? On the R1200C there were no bolts up front, but rather in back with fuel lines and fuel pump plug to undo. I reckon I'll pull the tank before too long to get familiar with it.

It is sooooooooo much easier than on the ChromeHead! ... 1 electrical connector on he left, a quick disconnect for the fuel on the right and of it goes!

It is sooooooooo much easier than on the ChromeHead! ... 1 electrical connector on he left, a quick disconnect for the fuel on the right and of it goes!
Agreed. If an idiot like me can do it it must be simple. I did have to do things in a certain order.

Remove engine name plates
Remove small bolts underneath
Remove bolt near crotch
Loosen bolt at fork
Lift rear of tank a smidge to expose top engine case bolts. Stuck a towel underneath.
Remove top half’s of engine case
Disconnect fuel pump
Disconnect fuel line (push it together while pushing release tab) and the drain tube along side
Remove fork bolt and lift away.

At least that’s how I remember it

Just don't be a dumb ass like me and make a tool to disconnect the fuel line, after removing the tank the second time I had to replace the fuel line.....

Back