OBDLink LX

kate_brett

Does the OBDLink LX unit plug directly into the R18’s diagnostic port/socket ( behind the right side cover panel ), or do l need to purchase a cable for connection as well ? Thanks, Brett.

On the subject of the OBDLink LX…..I’m still using what I believe nowadays is called a ‘burner phone’ on pay as you go. It’s a small Nokia that is not a smartphone and has given me a good 10 years or more of service. I really ought to go onto a monthly contract and get a new phone at the same time because it will work out much cheaper for me.

Question, when I go to the phone shop and start looking is there anything specific the Smartphone must have in order to work with the OBD? I want to buy an OBD later this year to start doing routine servicing myself and clear the service icon on the dash, so obviously want to make sure whatever phone I end up with is going to be compatible.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on the topic.TIA

Its a petty we couldn't use tune ecu on the OBDLINK as I bought mine to tune my Rocket 3 with and it was a pretty easy way of unleashing the power on it, as it was restricted to 60% on most settings.

On the subject of the OBDLink LX…..I’m still using what I believe nowadays is called a ‘burner phone’ on pay as you go. It’s a small Nokia that is not a smartphone and has given me a good 10 years or more of service. I really ought to go onto a monthly contract and get a new phone at the same time because it will work out much cheaper for me.

Question, when I go to the phone shop and start looking is there anything specific the Smartphone must have in order to work with the OBD? I want to buy an OBD later this year to start doing routine servicing myself and clear the service icon on the dash, so obviously want to make sure whatever phone I end up with is going to be compatible.

Android device only - phone, laptop , tablet.

Cheapest way in is a refurb Amazon fire tablet. You can set it up to run the Google play shop in about 15 mins and then grab the Motoscan app required to work between the obd and the bike.

Its a petty we couldn't use tune ecu on the OBDLINK as I bought mine to tune my Rocket 3 with and it was a pretty easy way of unleashing the power on it, as it was restricted to 60% on most settings.
The obdlink doesn’t work with tune ecu? I was getting ready to buy the app to work on my Bonneville.

The obdlink doesn’t work with tune ecu? I was getting ready to buy the app to work on my Bonneville.
Far as I know tune ecu still doesn't do the r18. I have a bonneville also and use tune ecu for it and moto scan with my r18.
I'm using the same Bluetooth obd2 scanner for both apps

Far as I know tune ecu still doesn't. I have a bonneville also and use tune ecu for it and moto scan with my r18.
I'm using the same Bluetooth obd2 scanner for both apps
Hmm. I looked at the tunceecu site and they have the obdlink lx listed as supported. Maybe that’s a recent update?

Hmm. I looked at the tunceecu site and they have the obdlink lx listed as supported. Maybe that’s a recent update?
I have the latest version of tune ecu on my android and the BMW R18 is not showing in the list of bikes it supports. But don't take my word as gospel. There may be something I'm not aware of.

I have the latest version of tune ecu on my android and the BMW R18 is not showing in the list of bikes it supports. But don't take my word as gospel. There may be something I'm not aware of.
ohh no no, looks we confused each other. I was talking about the obdlink working in tuneecu for the Triumph Bonneville. I've already got motoscan pro for the BMW.

Back